The Beach Club
Boats are available for checkout by residents at the Beach Club with an amenity card in one and a half hour increments. Boats must be captained at all times by a resident that is 14 years of age or older. Residents must be two years or older to ride in a boat. All boats must be returned by the scheduled daily close time. Please note that no boats will be checked out 30 minutes prior to closing. Rentals are available on a first-come, first-served basis and no guests are allowed at this time.
2021 Regular Season: Opens Memorial Day Week
Current Boats Available
- 1-Person Kayaks
- 2-Person Kayaks
- 1-Person Paddleboard/Kayak Hybrid
- Stand up Paddle Boards
- Sail Boats - available after certification.
The Duffy Boat rides run through Labor Day with limited hours in September. Normal hours are Thurs - Sun from 4 to 8 pm and Sept. 8 to 27, hours are 4:00 to 7:30 pm. Rides are offered through online reservation. The boat returns every 30 minutes and offers a tour of the lake. The Duffy Boat picks up and drops off at the marina kitty-corner to SoDa Row and life jackets are provided for those 13 years and younger. The captains are excited for another year of tours around the lake!
The Duffy Boat made its maiden voyage to the exotic north end of Oquirrh Lake and can now become a true water taxi. More details on changes to the reservation system coming soon.
Private Duffy tour of Oquirrh Lake
(great atmosphere for date nights, dinner cruise, enjoying a sunset)
· Maximum of two hours and six people per reservation from the same household
· Tours available Mon - Wed
· Guests can direct the Captain to different areas of the lake within safety regulations
· Food and beverage are allowed to bring aboard and enjoyed during the cruise (please contain and dispose of trash properly during and after tour)
· Cold drinking water will be provided from the Duffy Boat Captain
· Learn more about wildlife and foul on Oquirrh Lake from the tour captain
· Captain will wear a mask and hand sanitizer will be provided. Residents are encouraged to wear mask upon entry but not required once tour begins
· Music system is aboard the vessel that can be used during the tour
· Please reserve at least 48 hours in advance on RecDesk
· Cost is $40 to help supplement the cost of staff and the cleaning the Duffy Boat
Enjoy sailing on beautiful, scenic Oquirrh Lake! Sign-up for a free sailing lesson to be able to pilot one of Daybreak's small sailboats in the marina area on the lake. Lessons during the 2021 sailing season are weeknights and Saturdays. When you sign up, you will be supplied with the written test, as well as the answers. Study the test, come out for your hands-on sailing lesson, then once you pass the practical and written portions of the test, you will be certified to sail one of Daybreak's sailing dinghies on Oquirrh Lake.
- Lessons are offered for one person at a time. No companions or pets are allowed during lessons.
- Wear comfortable clothing that can get wet.
- Lessons are approximately 1 hour in duration.
- Sign-up must be done online and must be reserved at least a day in advance.
Oquirrh Lake Guidelines
- Open from DAWN to DUSK
- Respect other lake users and private property
- No swimming
- No alcohol/No smoking
- No glass containers
- No fireworks, portable grills, or fire pits
- No portable shade structures or canopies
- No unauthorized motor vehicles on trails
- Authorized boating is reserved for Daybreak residents and their guests by PERMIT ONLY
- Dogs allowed per leash laws and pick-up regulations
- No fishing from structures or docks, fishing permitted in designated areas only
- No jumping or diving from structures or shoreline
- No camping
- No drones
- No model airplane or model boat use
During the 2021 season, Daybreak Communities and the Daybreak Community Association will continue to implement an appropriate and comprehensive recreation management plan for Oquirrh Lake and the associated open space and trails system. As a general summary, the management policies and guidelines shall be in effect for the 2021 recreation season. Interested parties should contact the Daybreak Community Association office with any questions or comments at 801-254-8294. Below you will find a PDF copy of the guidelines.