The ultimate goal of community standards staff is to keep the community beautiful through compliance and resolving owner violations. Please see Exhibit D in the governing documents to reference many of the below community standards.
Common Compliance Reminders
How can I keep my trash cans out of sight?
Please keep cans stored in the garage or behind the backyard fence where they are not visible from public view.
Trash cans may be placed behind an approved trash enclosure. See required fencing application for details prior to installation.
Governing Documents: Exhibit D: Initial Rules
2. Restricted Activities (j)
Garbage or recycling containers must be out of view except for the time beginning at dusk on the day before the scheduled pickup and ending at the conclusion of the day of the scheduled pickup. Wednesday is trash pick up day. Trash and recycle containers must be kept in the garage, behind an approved privacy fence, or within an approved trash enclosure.
- Only 3 pets per household are allowed and pets are limited to 2 per species (e.g., two dogs). This is also a South Jordan City ordinance. All breeds of dogs are allowed.
- Keep dogs on a leash at all times while off owner’s property.
- Dogs must be licensed with the city.
- If dogs are on tie outs, they should not be able to reach public walkways, green spaces or parks.
- Avoid allowing excessive barking from dogs.
- Please pick up pet waste on and off your property. While picking up pet waste is part of responsible pet ownership and overall the polite thing to do, there are many reasons why we should all do it:
- Pet waste is not good for grass or plants as a fertilizer like other animal waste. Pet waste is acidic and actually damages the grass.
- Pet waste can contain disease-causing bacteria and parasites like Salmonella, Coccidia, Roundworms, Tapeworms, Parvo, Giardia and E. coli, which can stay in soil for years and make people and other dogs very sick.
- Pet waste can take as long as a year to completely break down naturally.
- What is the best way to pick up after your pet? Bag securely and throw away. Dispose of bagged waste in a trash bin where it cannot contaminate the ecosystem. Do not flush; the waste water system was not designed for pet waste and even flushable bags can clog plumbing.
Learn more here
Paint and Stain
See Fence Stain Options and Maintenance
This committee is the hearing tribunal for the Board of Directors and consists of all resident members.
- Cindy Costa
- Rohit Malik
- Chris Rongstad
- Nadine You
- Tim Young
- Paul Morrien
Community Standards Committee Application
Note: Meetings are usually on the second Thursday of each month in the evening but can vary.