Oquirrh Lake Amenities
Boats are available for checkout by residents with an amenity card in one and a half hour increments. Guests can accompany residents who captain boats ($5 amenity guest fee applies per person). Boats must be captained at all times by a resident that is 14 years of age or older and guests cannot captain paddle boards. Residents must be two years or older to ride in a boat. All boats must be returned by the scheduled daily close time. Please note that no boats will be checked out 30 minutes prior to closing. Rentals are available on a first come, first serve basis.
2020 Regular Season: May 23 - Aug. 17
Monday - Saturday: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Sunday: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
2020 End of Season : Aug. 18 - Sept. 7
Monday - Friday: 3:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am to 7:30 pm
Sunday: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
*Hours are subject to change due to inclement weather
Current Boats Available
- 1-Person Kayaks
- 2-Person Kayaks
- Stand up Paddle Boards (Cannot be captained by guests)
- Sail Boats - available after certification. See boat attendants for more information or to schedule a lesson.
Beginning April 1, 2020, Daybreak residents may begin obtaining personal boat permits for use on the lake.
Residents can obtain a boating permit for personal, non-motorized watercraft use after completing a Daybreak Community Association lake use agreement form. The permits may be purchased and forms filled out online at RecDesk starting April 1. The DCC staff will mail a permit to your home. Call the DCC at (801) 253-6418 with questions. Residents can launch boats from West Beach, East Lake or North Shore.
Why do I need a permit?
This permit helps pay for the cost of the sticker, which ensures that the amenity is used by Daybreak residents and that the proper types of vessels are used on the lake.
What kinds of watercraft are allowed on the lake?
Personal non-motorized boats which includes kayaks, canoes, row boats and paddle boards that do not exceed 17 feet in length. *Inflatable watercraft must be inspected by the Harbor Master before a permit can be placed on the vessel. Only authorized motorized boats operated by the community association are permitted.
The Duffy Boat rides run Memorial Day through Labor Day with limited hours in September. Normal hours are Thurs - Sun from 4 to 8 pm. Rides are offered on a first come, first serve basis and reservations are not required. The boat returns every 30 minutes and offers a tour of the lake. The Duffy Boat picks up and drops off at the marina kitty-corner to SoDa Row. The captains are excited for another year of tours around the lake!
In an effort to accommodate residents and operate within the guidance of the current state health guideline, there will be not guest amenity access during the 2020 operating season.
Guest passes are normally available so residents can bring friends and relatives to the pools, DCC and lake. They are $5 one-day passes and can be purchased at the DCC (cash or card), pools (cash only) or boat ramp (cash only). Residents must be 18 years or older to purchase a guest pass.
A valid Utah State fishing license is required, and all corresponding rules apply. Please stay within designated fishing areas, as some of our landscaping is fragile. Please also be respectful of other users, especially boaters. Be sure to pick up all hooks and fishing line to avoid injuries of feet and wildlife.
- That swimming and wading are not allowed in Oquirrh Lake at this time, due to negative effects on water quality and ecosystem balance.
- No fishing is allowed from watercraft (or any other floatation device), bridges or other lake structures unless specifically signed as permitted.
Memorial day through Labor day weekend, you will notice our lake hosts riding bikes or walking around Oquirrh Lake. These seasonal staff meembers can be a great resource for residents as they enjoy lake amentities. For reference, their responsiblities are listed below.
• Observe and encourage compliance with posted lake use rules and regulations.
• Serve as an informational and educational resource for residents and lake visitors by answering questions, providing directions and clarifying rules that apply to the lake and surrounding open space areas.
• Engage in public interaction, educational activities, games and events.
• Cleaning or maintenance needs at Lake Village and other situations that may need immediate attention.
• Communicate with management regarding lake and open space management directives and objectives.
Oquirrh Lake Code of Conduct
- Open from DAWN to DUSK
- Respect other lake users and private property
- No swimming
- No alcohol/No smoking
- No glass containers
- No fireworks, portable grills, or fire pits
- No portable shade structures or canopies
- No unauthorized motor vehicles on trails
- Authorized boating is reserved for Daybreak residents and their guests by PERMIT ONLY
- Dogs allowed per leash laws and pick-up regulations
- No fishing from structures or docks, fishing permitted in designated areas only
- No jumping or diving from structures or shoreline
- No camping
- No drones
- No model airplane or model boat use
Oquirrh Lake Recreation Management Guidelines
During the 2019 season, Daybreak Communities and the Daybreak Community Association will continue to implement an appropriate and comprehensive recreation management plan for Oquirrh Lake and the associated open space and trails system. As a general summary, the management policies and guidelines shall be in effect for the 2019 recreation season. Interested parties should contact the Daybreak Community Association office with any questions or comments at 801-254-8294. Below you will find a PDF copy of the guidelines.
Lake Village Waterside Club & Beach Area
In 2014, the Waterside Club and beach area were developed on the northwestern bank of the peninsula as a Lake Village amenity. The operations and maintenance costs of this facility are paid through a Benefited Assessment charged to Lake Village residents. Use of the facility and beach area are for the private use of Lake Village owners and their guests only. When visiting, please be sure to bring your Lake Village Daybreak Amenities Card as you will be asked to show ID. Click here for copy of the General Rules